I’ve recently had to go through the 457 visa process for Australia, which was a bit of a pain when it came to documentation. I thought it would be useful to let people know what docs I needed to complete my application and get approved.
Note: This is what I had to submit. You may be asked to provide additional documents.
– Submit your 457 Visa online: http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/employer-sponsored.htm
– You need to find a job code that correlates with your role: http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/a-z.htm.
Things you need to submit after the online application:
- Proof of Health Insurance in Australia (Can be an international health insurance plan). I’m from the U.S. and got my health insurance through ehealthinsurance.com
- Official College Transcript from your University.
- Resume or CV.
- Certified Passport Copy.
- Letter of Offer from your employer which includes your role and such.
- Competitive Salary Proof – This consists of screenshots of various job posting sites and their rates for the same position. This is to prove that you are being paid a competitive salary with the market.
- Copy of employment references.
Your company needs to submit:
1196N: This is a request to sponsor you from the company.
- Hiring rationale – A doc that explains, from the company, their reasons for hiring you over an Australian.
- Organizational Structure- A doc/image that shows where you stand within a the organization’s structure.
- Letter of Offer with both the employer and employee’s signature.